Monday, February 9, 2015

Bachelor Power Rankings - Week 6 - "The Return of Prince Farming"

So last week, not a single person was eliminated (boo) and instead we got a TO BE CONTINUED just before the rose ceremony. But with Kelsey on the floor and the other girls in shock, we are likely in for a doozy this week now that we've finally made it to Monday (YAY).

If you missed "The Bachelor Five" from last week (our take on the five most important things you missed on last week's episode), be sure to check that out here and then check out this week's updated Power Rankings below.


Ashley I. (pictured center) in a yearbook photo from North Shore High School.

With no eliminations last week, we still have 11 girls left and Chase remains in the lead 140-138.

WEEK 6 SPECIAL RULES: We will rank the remaining Bachelor contestants. This week, both the rankings for Week 5 and Week 6 will determine the score. Each of us had the opportunity to re-rank this week based on the Week 5 episode. If I had CONTESTANT A in spot 7 in Week 5 and re-ranked her in spot 10 this week and CONTESTANT A goes home, I will be awarded 17 points. Similarly if Chase had CONTESTANT A in spot 10 in Week 5 and re-ranked her to spot 11 this week and CONTESTANT A goes home tonight, Chase will receive 21 points. To make it easier for you, the loyal readers, we will put each woman's ranking from last week (LW) in parentheticals below.

The winner at the end of the season will awarded to the player with the most points (this ain't golf, folks).

POWER 5: We will mark our Power 5 choices with an * so you can keep track of how well we predicted from the start. Chase has 3 in play (losing Jillian and Nikki in Week 4). I'm also down to 3 after Tandra's exit in Week 2 and Nikki's in Week 4.

NOTE: Chase and I do our rankings and analysis independently of one another. Any similarities in our commentary just means GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE, OKAY?  



  1. Becca, 25, Chiropractic Assistant, CA (LW - 1) – The updated rankings this week following last week’s most dramatic ever To Be Continued episode, present a unique challenge. Many of our potentially crazy wonderful Bachelor contestants did no harm this past week. So my top slots are staying very similar this week… The bottom 5 is where it starts to get fun.
  2. *Whitney, 29, Fertility Nurse, IL (LW - 3) – No major news from Whitney, besides the fact that she’s apparently a really nice person. She wasn't all about the return of Jordan, but she was very nice all the same. The little spat that Ashley I. and Whitney got into was entertaining, but it’s clear that Whitney is an adult. Whitney—at 29—is the closest to Chris’ age besides Kaitlyn (also 29) and Carly (also also 29). This is becoming more and more apparent every week.
  3. *Jade, 28, Cosmetics Developer, CA (LW - 2) – At this point in the season, other contestants have to have found out about Jade’s career path, right? She can’t just be telling them all that she “models for a website” and none of the girls have drunkenly asked for more info. I have to think that information comes out at some point and when it does, maybe an EMT can be on site for any pending panic attacks.
  4. Kaitlyn, 29, Dance Instructor, BC (LW - 4) – I really like Kaitlyn, but the more I think about it, I just don’t see Kaitlyn with Chris. Call it a hunch, but I just don’t see it. I think Chris eventually friend-zones her. Also - in all seriousness: Kaitlyn technically had to use her passport to get to New Mexico.
  5. Carly, 29, Cruise Ship Singer, TX (LW - 5) – Chris isn’t sending Carly home because that would be the worst thing he could possibly do. “Hey. Let’s go on an awkward sex guru date…oh by the way…no rose next week. Tempted to jump Carly into my top 4 for her ridiculously good attitude about the worst reality TV show date ever, but I like my top 4 too much to make that plunge.
  6. Megan, 24, Make-up Artist, TN (LW - 7) – All episode long last week, I just kept thinking about how amazing this show would be if we still had Ashley S. Megan is doing her best to keep the non-ImmaKillYou crazy alive, with her terrible geography skills, but it just isn't the same without you Ashley S. Megan jumps over Britt this week because she takes showers.
  7. Britt, 27, Waitress, CA (LW - 6) – I’ve taken the opportunity this past week to ask every girl I know if they 1) Shower and 2) Wear make up to bed. It has been a rough week for me as I’ve been slapped every time I’ve asked. All seriousness, though... what the what? Her free hugs suddenly smell a lot worse. She’s not going anywhere this week, though. That said, she drops a spot because that’s gross.
  8. Ashley I., 26, Freelance Journalist, NJ (LW - 10) – Strangely enough, Ashley I. is moving up this week in my power rankings. Not because she’s any more normal or has any more of a chance, but simply because she didn’t do anything to get herself kicked out. She’s all drama, all tears…but Chris needs to weed out others prior to her departure. And she’s a virgin.
  9. Mackenzie, 21, Dental Assistant, WA (LW - 11) – Chris: “I raise vegetables on the farm.” Mackenzie: “I raise Kale.”
  10. Samantha, 27, Fashion Designer, CA (LW - 8) – I got pretty excited about Samantha during this past week’s episode for one reason: she said something. It wasn’t really anything substantial, but she’s no longer tied with me for “total words said on The Bachelor”. I’m dropping her down a notch because I think she has to get the obligatory boot soon. She’s too irrelevant (and probably too normal?) to last much longer.
  11. *Kelsey, 28, Guidance Counselor, TX (LW - 9) –Holy Gone Girl. It was even worse than the previews teased. She went full on crazy. Not that psycho obsessed cute “oh my gosh I want to have all your children even though I just met you” type way…but that “I blog about The Bachelor and even I locked my doors a little tighter last Monday night.” I was on board with her until the “I love my story” comment. It isn’t that I even mind the comment—there is beauty in accepting and loving what has made you the person you are—but the manipulative, conniving tone is what struck the chord. I think she goes home this week and I hope that her late-husband’s family has peace.


  1. Britt, 27, Waitress, CA (LW - 5) – Britt wants to have 100 kids. I feel as if this might get in the way of her acting job as a waitress but at least she and Chris may have gotten a head start with their “nap” last week.
  2. Carly, 29, Cruise Ship Singer, TX (LW - 6) – Oof. She got gypped with the worst one-on-one date of the season ("Santa Fe Love Guru") but she managed to turn things around with Prince Farming and snag the rose. She started breaking down towards the latter part of the episode (in true Bachelor fashion!) but this confident crooner is safe for a while.
  3. Whitney, 29, Fertility Nurse, IL (LW - 4) – Chris digs Whitney. And she actually went up a notch in my book after taking the high road when Jordan (again, who?) returned last week for a second chance. Her maturity in the situation was apparent when contrasted with Ashley I. If only she didn’t sound like an infant when she spoke.
  4. Kaitlyn, 29, Dance Instructor, BC (LW - 1) – I can just see it now. John Green is commissioned to write the epic love story of Chris the Farmer from Iowa and Kaitlyn the Dance Instructor from Canada. Ok-eh? Ok-eh.
  5. *Jade, 28, Cosmetics Developer, CA (LW - 2) – It seems the magic from Jade’s Cinderella inspired date is lasting but will it wear off when the clock strikes midnight? Only time will tell. LOL. Oh man that was so corn-y (pun intended).
  6. *Becca, 25, Chiropractic Assistant, CA (LW - 3) – I still think Becca is the virgin who makes it to the fantasy suite but she hasn’t had any real time with Chris yet. Until then, she’s hanging around the middle of the pack. But I fully expect her to break out soon.
  7. Ashley I., 26, Freelance Journalist, NJ (LW - 11) – Time is running out for the mean girl from New Jersey. I’m only ranking her higher than last week because the previews indicated she would be around for a little while longer.
  8. Megan, 24, Make-up Artist, TN (LW - 7) – They say the person you marry should complement you. Unfortunately for Megan, dumb + dumber = a real-life version of Harry& Lloyd. Chris needs someone who can multiply in their head and pairing with Megan is not a winning combination.
  9. Mackenzie, 21, Dental Assistant, WA (LW - 8) – No. Just no. For some added perspective on their age difference (friendly reminder - TWELVE YEARS), Chris was enjoying the antics at Bayside High before MACKENZIE WAS EVEN BORN. What if Chris wants to have a friendly dinner conversation about Kelly Kapowski or giant cell phones? Good luck buddy.
  10. Samantha, 27, Fashion Designer, CA (LW - 10) – SHE SPEAKS. A whole 14 words. But since none of those were even remotely directed towards Chris, I’m still not convinced he knows who she is.
  11. *Kelsey, 28, Guidance Counselor, TX (LW - 9) – In case you didn’t pick up on it last week, this girl is actually crazy. If Chris doesn’t dump her this week… well that would actually be pretty typical of The Bachelor.

No comments:

Post a Comment